[LCA2013-Chat] Residences: Laundries and Common Rooms

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:57:23 EST 2013

We had a request for some info about the laundries and the common rooms
in the residences. If this doesn't answer your questions, please email
me and I'll endeavour to find the information out. If you're in a hurry,
you can always call our oncall number for help.

*John XXIII*
Laundry:
There are laundries on each floor of John XXIII. Laundries contain
washers and dryers, and are free for use of residents. You will need to
provide your own washing powder. The power is switched off to laundries
at 10pm every night, so make sure any loads you have in the machines are
finished before then.

Common Room:
We have access to the "Junior" common room, which is on the upper level,
directly above the food hall. There is a pool table in there for our
use, and wired internet is available. The common room is open 24/7.
There is also a bar off the common room, which is open from 5-7pm. It's
run by the student association, and they are open for our use.
Additionally, there is also a soundproofed music room at John, complete
with musical instruments, for anyone who wants a quick jam.

Also a reminder: the food hall in John is open for our use between 6:30
and 9:30am. Food services in there at other times are for another
conference's use, not for us. If you need help locating food for lunch
and/or dinner, please see the rego desk.

*Burton & Garran*
Laundry:
The laundries in C block are NOT FOR OUR USE. Instead, there is a bank
of laundries behind the main block. Walk away from Daly Rd, around the
bakc of the hall. Laundries contain washers and dryers, and are free for
use of residents. You can provide your own washing powder, or purchase a
single serve of powder for a gold coin. These laundries are available
24/7.

Common Room:
We have access to the common room in the main hall, which is located
opposite the kitchen area. There is a pool table in there for our use,
and wired internet is available. The common room is open 24/7. There are
also smaller common rooms on each floor.

Lana

--
Lana Brindley

linux.conf.au 2013