[LCA2013-Chat] After Aaron Swartz

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:25:29 EST 2013

Hello,

I am sure many people attending LCA this year would be aware of and
saddened by the passing of Aaron Swartz, and angry about the case that
was being pursued against him. There may be little that we Australians
and New Zealanders can do directly about the political aspects that
are based in the US, but I was wondering if other people would think
it is useful to have maybe a space or time to talk about the issues
around Aaron's death.

I note that tomorrow there is a BlueHackers BoF (
http://bluehackers.org/2013/01/23/depression-bluehackers-bof-lca2013 )
around geeks & depression so I am thinking of something focused more
on the political/legal/technological side rather than
suicide/depression.

thanks,
Brianna

--